Delivery: Blended learning
OR On-site (Private delivery)
Minimum number of delegates: 1:1
Maximum class size: 20
Delivery date: (as requested by customer)
Offers: contact for details however 20% consecutive discount on all group bookings.
Next availability: Immediate
Applicable for: Application Developer, Data Analyst, Programmer
Offers: contact for details
NB: Microsoft have retired this course in March 2017. The exam is shortly going to be retired. However we are still offering this course as a large number of our customers still need access to this.
Please contact our team at Sales@mbittrainingltd.com to discuss an alternative pathway.
This two-day course provides students with the tools to implement and maintain cross-application setup data after the system components are installed. The focus is on the application-oriented work involved in setting up and maintaining company-wide rules, data, and users. This course is intended to a partner that sells and implements the Finance module to customers. The typical partner has an ERP background and has a basic understanding of accounting principles.
At Course Completion
- Explain the dependencies between RapidStart Services and manual setup work.
- Describe the different components and processes of RapidStart Services.
- Explain and demonstrate all tasks in a RapidStart Services process.
- Create a configuration worksheet.
- Create a configuration package.
- Create a configuration questionnaire.
- Create a configuration template.
- Initialize a new company with a configuration package.
- Migrate customer data.
- Transfer opening balances.
- Explain how authentication works in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Manage security for Windows client users.
- Set up a new user.
- Explain the concepts of permission sets and permissions.
- Create a new permission set, and assign permissions to it.
- Apply security filters in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Perform user-specific setup.
- Create, assign, and work with user profiles.
- Explain the purpose of company-wide number series.
- Set up number series.
- Create number series relations.
- Explain and set up trail codes, source codes, and reason codes.
- Explain the purpose and organization of journal templates and journal batches.
- Create general journal templates and general journal batches.
- Explain and set up specific posting groups.
- Explain and set up general posting groups.
- Create a General posting setup.
- Create an Inventory posting setup.
- Explain and set up VAT posting groups.
- Create a VAT posting setup.
- Describe posting setups based on the chart of accounts.
- Demonstrate how posting groups direct a sales transaction.
- Explain and set up dimensions and dimension values.
- Explain and set up global and shortcut dimensions.
- Explain and show how dimension combinations are set up.
- Explain and show how single and multiple default dimensions are set up.
- Explain and show how account type default dimensions are set up.
- Explain and show how default dimension priorities are set up.
- Explain the possibility and resolution of conflicting default dimensions.
- Show how to use dimension and dimension values in journals and documents under
- different dimension setup scenarios.
- Set up the general features of the document approval system.
- Set up approval templates.
- Set up user logons for use with document approvals.
- Set up approval users in a hierarchy.
- Set up the notification system for approvals.
- Send an approval request.
- Approve a sales or purchase document.
- Maintain substitute approvers.
- Manage overdue notifications.
Students looking to take this course (80435) must already have the following technical knowledge:
- completed course 80439A: Introduction in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013
- knowledge of basic accounting principles and ERP user roles