This course equips students with the skills they require to configure and deploy a cloud using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2. Using hands-on labs, students learn the following:
- Produce a high-level design that accounts for requirements for cloud environments.
- Configure and deploy the cloud fabric.
- Configure a PXE server, an update server, and a software update baseline.
- Configure Microsoft Server Application Virtualization (App-V) so that it can be used to sequence and deploy an application virtually.
- Build the core components necessary for delivering services on the fabric.
- Allocate resources to a cloud and grant access to a cloud.
- Understand how to monitor clouds using Operations Manager.
- Understand the tools necessary to extend and customize Operations Manager for cloud environments.
- Set up, configure, and integrate the core components of Service Manager into a cloud fabric.
- Configure a service catalog, and then publish it to the Self-Service Portal.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to deploy and configure Data Protection Manager in a cloud.
- Deploy and configure Orchestrator in a cloud, and then integrate it with other System Center components.
This course is intended for cloud administrators who will be responsible for designing, installing and configuring a cloud infrastructure.
At Course Completion:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan for a Hybrid Cloud
- Configure and deploy a Private Cloud with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Extend and maintain the Cloud infrastructure
- Configure application delivery for a cloud
- Create Private Cloud building blocks
- Deploy and access private clouds
- Monitor the Cloud infrastructure
- Extend and customize monitoring of the Cloud infrastructure
- Implement Service Management for the Cloud
- Configure High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Protection for a Cloud
- Automate and standardize the Cloud
- Configure a multi-tenant Cloud
(cited from Microsoft Learning website)