This two-day instructor-led training (ILT) course provides students with the knowledge and skills to set up and use the CRM functionality in the Sales and Marketing module for Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012. The topics covered in the course include basic setup of sales management, leads, prospects, opportunities, and campaigns. Additionally, it introduces process definitions and synchronization of data in other areas associated with the sales order chain.
This course is intended for IT professionals who have a moderate understanding of the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Sales and Marketing module. This course targets those IT professionals who are responsible to set up CRM processes throughout the customer’s sales process.
At Course Completion
- Understand the basic theory of customer relationship management.
- Understand CRM-based elements.
- Gain an overview of the various parts of the Sales and Marketing module.
- Set up number sequencing information for CRM.
- Set up relation type for prospects.
- Set up transaction logging for CRM.
- Reflect the sales organization by creating sales units.
- Define sales targets for the sales unit and sales personnel.
- Describe the graphical view that management statistics provides.
- Define prospects.
- Set up the categorizations to use the prospects functionality correctly.
- Create and maintain prospects.
- Define and assign responsibilities.
- Create and maintain contact persons connected to prospects.
- Create and maintain activities for prospects and contact persons.
- Set up the telemarketing and default values.
- Create and work with call lists.
- Execute a telemarketing initiative.
- Create and maintain campaigns.
- Distribute campaign responsibilities.
- Delete an intercompany order chain.
- Define process definitions.
- Create a lead.
- Qualify a lead.
- Create an opportunity.
- Create a Competitor record.
- Create a case.
- Add actions to a case.Create a knowledge article.
- Work with document handling in Microsoft Dynamics AX's Sales and Marketing module
- Work with mailing lists.
- Set up and maintain synchronization between the Microsoft Dynamics AX Sales and Marketing module and Microsoft® Outlook®.
- Setup the Computer Telephone Integration system
Students looking to take this course (80421) must already have the following technical knowledge:
- Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012