This course is available at the following locations:
This three-day instructor-led course covers both the data upgrade and the code customization upgrades from Microsoft Dynamics® AX 4.0 and Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2009 to Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012.
The course will cover the flow of the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 SP1 to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 RTM upgrade, and point out any differences for Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 SP2 during the course. Labs and demos will run on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 SP1 and Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
The ideal breakdown for this course would be to have the first two days cover the data upgrade. This would be focused in the implementer partner to include the personas of Simon and Tim. The third day of the course would cover the code upgrade and focus on the developer persona of Isaac and would include Tim from a planning perspective and Simon as the customer/partner.
At Course Completion
- Introduce the Source-to-target framework.
- Discuss key features of Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 upgrade.
- Describe the system architecture that is needed to perform an upgrade from Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 or Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- List the available options for cleaning data before an upgrade.
- Describe the best practices to run an upgrade.
- Configure Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft SQL Server for high upgrade performance.
- Understand project planning challenges.
- Explain the steps to upgrade code from Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 or Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Discuss ways that Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 has changed code that might affect a code upgrade.
- Review the different kinds of data upgrade scripts.
- Explain how to write source upgrade scripts.
- Describe specific strategies for writing scripts.
- Discuss some changes in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 that affect data upgrades.
- Discuss techniques for debugging scripts.
- Perform a data upgrade.
Students looking to take this course (80420) must already have the following technical knowledge:
- Developer knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012
- Developer knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2009