This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to perform a full upgrade from Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1, with customizations, to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013.
Please select your required training start date:
Please select your desired location
This course is available at the following locations:
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to perform a full upgrade from Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1, with customizations, to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013. A solution upgrade enables users to take advantage of improved functionality, new features, and improved capabilities of the new version of the solution.
At Course Completion
- Review the process of upgrading Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013.
- Explain the basics of the Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step methodology.
- Define the upgrade process workflow and stages.
- Describe the tools that are used to perform the upgrade.
- Define the requirements and scope for the upgrade.
- Explain how to estimate the upgrade project and define the test upgrade strategy.
- Review planning of the upgrade sequence and workflow.
- Explain preparing environments for the upgrade.
- Review the code upgrade workflow and upgrade strategy.
- Examine upgrading customizations.
- Explain how to resolve conflicts that arise during the code upgrade procedure.
- Define the post-upgrade activities.
- Explain code upgrade testing.
- Describe the most important administration tools that are relevant for the upgrade process
- Review the data upgrade workflow.
- Explain how to perform trial data upgrade by using the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Upgrade Toolkit.
- Explain testing of data upgrade results.
- Examine the typical issues that may arise during data upgrade and ways to troubleshoot them.
- Prepare the pre-production environment for upgrade.
- Configure the software.
- Conduct user training.
- Move the upgraded solution to the pre-production.
- Set up users.
- Perform acceptance testing.
- Conduct production upgrade and go live.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A basic knowledge of ERP.
In addition, it is recommended, but not required, that students have completed:
- Completed course 80439A, Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013.
- Completed course 80436A, C/SIDE Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013.
- Completed course 80437A, C/SIDE Solution Development in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013.