With this Microsoft Course 10974 you will learn how to plan for and deploy your Windows Server infrastructure in both physical and virtual environments. You will learn about different deployment methodologies and techniques, and work with lite-touch and zero-touch deployment options, as well as general imaging usage and configuration.
Please select your required training start date:
Please select your desired location
Delivery: Blended learning
OR On-site (Private delivery)
Minimum number of delegates: 1:1
Maximum class size: 20
Delivery date: (as requested by customer)
Offers: contact for details however 20% consecutive discount on all group bookings.
Next availability: Immediate
Applicable for: Application Developer, Data Analyst, Programmer
Offers: contact for details
With this Microsoft Course 10974 you will learn how to plan for and deploy your Windows Server infrastructure in both physical and virtual environments. You will learn about different deployment methodologies and techniques, and work with lite-touch and zero-touch deployment options, as well as general imaging usage and configuration. You will also learn how to use Windows Deployment Services and how to work with solution accelerators, such as the Windows Assessment and Deployment Toolkit (Windows ADK), the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP), and the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). These tools will help you increase your efficiency and reduce management overhead.
Covering essential components within your server infrastructure, such as upgrading and migrating Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS) and various Active Directory services, such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) and Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS). It will also cover options and considerations around virtualizing those infrastructure workloads and options available for extending some of those workloads into Windows Azure.
At Course Completion
- Prepare to deploy Windows Server 2012.
- Describe the various methods of deploying Windows Server 2012.
- Deploy Windows Server 2012 by using Windows Deployment Services.
- Deploy Windows Server 2012 by using MDT.
- Plan to virtualize workloads in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Migrate core networking services to Windows Server 2012.
- Migrate file services and Web and application servers to Windows Server 2012.
- Upgrade and migrate AD DS to Windows Server 2012.
- Migrate AD FS, AD RMS, AD CS to Windows Server 2012 and implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
Students looking to take this course (10974) must already have the following technical knowledge:
- Knowledge and real-world experience working day to day with Windows Servers in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge and experience with core infrastructure technologies such as DNS, DHCP, and AD DS.
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V.
- Knowledge and experience with AD CS, WSUS, File, and Web servers. (This is beneficial but is not essential.)
- Some experience working with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2. (This is beneficial but is not essential.)
Ideal for: Server Administrators, Server Managers, Windows server Support, Windows Server Technician.