Delivery: Blended learning
OR On-site (Private delivery)
Minimum number of delegates: 1:1
Maximum class size: 20
Delivery date: (as requested by customer)
Offers: contact for details however 20% consecutive discount on all group bookings.
Next availability: Immediate
Applicable for: Application Developer, Data Analyst, Programmer
Offers: contact for details
NB: Microsoft have retired this course in June 2017. The exam is shortly going to be retired. However we are still offering this course as a large number of our customers still need access to this.
Please contact our team at Sales@mbittrainingltd.com to discuss an alternative pathway.
This two-day instructor-led training (ILT) course provides a thorough look at Intelligent Data Management Framework for Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012. The topics covered in the course include installation, configuration, scheduling management and troubleshooting. This course is intended for database and system administrators, who are responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Microsoft Dynamics AX application and the Microsoft SQL Server database.
At Course Completion
- Describe the importance of data management and the different types of data management that are available
- Describe the capabilities of the Intelligent Data Management Framework for Dynamics AX 2012
- Define the concepts and terminology of Intelligent Data Management Framework
- Describe the architecture of the Intelligent Data Management Framework
- Explain planning for an implementation using the Intelligent Data Management Framework
- List the topologies supported by the IDMF
- Identify the prerequisites for installing IDMF
- Demonstrate the process to install IDMF
- Demonstrate the process to complete the post-installation tasks and configure IDMF
- Demonstrate how to use the Analysis dashboard
- Examine the Analysis details workspace
- Demonstrate how to manage indexes
- Describe the show system health functionality
- Describe the performance functionality
- Describe the Configuration functionality
- Explain the differences between master data and transactional data
- Describe how to create an archive object
- Describe how to create a purge object
- Summarize scheduling and status management
- Use scheduling and status management to analyze the production and archive databases
- Use scheduling and status management to perform health checks against a production replica database
- Use scheduling and status management to synchronize metadata and master data from the production database to the archive database
- Describe the capabilities of IDMF for scheduling and managing the status of purge, archive, and restore archive operations
- Create a schedule and view the status of a schedule
- Archive data from the production database to an archive database
- Restore data from an archive database to the production database
- Describe how to configure database and email settings.
- Explain how to configure thresholds and alerts.
- Describe how to manage exception lists for archive and purge objects.
- Identify the framework options available in IDMF.
- Demonstrate how to view and create application health check queries.
- Describe how to configure master data tables.
- Troubleshoot issues that occur when you install IDMF, by using the Configuration workspace or creating or managing scheduled jobs
Students looking to take this course (80425) must already have the following technical knowledge:
- Demonstrated capabilities in Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database administration, backup, recovery, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server administration, backup, recovery, and performance tuning