This course offers students the opportunity to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. This course focuses on developing in Azure using Storage, Cloud Services, Service Bus, Active Directory, Websites and SQL among other features. This course also focuses on using the provided .NET SDKs, REST APIs, configuration and deployment options related to Azure.
Please select your required training start date:
Please select your desired location
Delivery: Blended learning
OR On-site (Private delivery)
Minimum number of delegates: 1:1
Maximum class size: 20
Delivery date: (as requested by customer)
Offers: contact for details however 20% consecutive discount on all group bookings.
Next availability: Immediate
Applicable for: Application Developer, Data Analyst, Programmer
Offers: contact for details
NB: Microsoft have retired this course in April 2017. The exam is shortly going to be retired. However we are still offering this course as a large number of our customers still need access to this.
Please contact our team at Sales@mbittrainingltd.com to discuss an alternative pathway.
This course offers students the opportunity to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. This course focuses on developing in Azure using Storage, Cloud Services, Service Bus, Active Directory, WebSites and SQL among other features. This course also focuses on using the provided .NET SDKs, REST APIs, configuration and deployment options related to Azure.
At Course Completion
- Describe Azure and the capabilities that it provides to application developers. Students will also be able to use the Management Portal to effectively navigate the Azure platform and their deployed applications.
- Use the Management Portal to create, modify, scale and dispose of Azure services. The students will also use alternative (PowerShell, REST) methods for managing Azure services.
- Create and host a simple website using Azure Websites. Students will learn how to monitor and manage the website using the Management Portal.
- Build a modular web application and host it using Azure Cloud Service Web Roles.
- Use Cloud Service Worker Roles to process data in the background. Students will also be able to use Cloud Service Cache Roles to store data in the cache.
- Use Azure SQL to store and retrieve data.
- Store data in Azure Table Storage.
- Store and access multimedia files in Azure using Blob Storage.
- Use Azure Queue Storage to queue data for asynchronous processing. Students will also learn how to use Azure Service Bus Queues for queuing data.
- Use the Azure Service Bus Relay to connect on-premise services with client applications.
- Use Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs to publish messages to client applications.
- Use Azure Active Directory to implement security in a Cloud web application.
- Deploy web applications to Azure by using WebDeploy and Service Packages.
- Use Azure Mobile Services to provide a scalable and secure web service for mobile applications.
Students looking to take this course (10978) must already have the following technical knowledge:
- ASP.NET web application development
- C# application development
- Resources used with enterprise web application development
- Relational databases (SQL)
- WCF services