This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the necessary tools and resources to perform moderate to advanced tasks for the setup and process of forecast and master planning in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012.
Topics include the main concepts, considerations and setups used in master planning, master scheduling, forecast scheduling, coverage groups , product item detailed coverage settings, and the effect that intercompany and multisite operations has on the Master planning module.
At Course Completion
- Create, set up, and process master plans.
- Judge when to use one and two master plan strategies.
- Handle generated planned orders.
- Set up and understand reduction keys.
- Set up and understand period allocation keys and item allocation keys.
- Create, set up, and understand coverage groups and the item coverage.
- Create, set up and process forecast models and forecast plans.
- Create, set up and process master plans with intercompany.
- Understand how planning can be conducted across multiple sites, locations, and warehouses across multiple Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 companies.
Students looking to take this course (80423) must already have the following technical knowledge:
General knowledge of Microsoft® Windows®
Completed the Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics®AX 2012 course
The ability to use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for basic processing
In addition, it is recommended, but not required, that students have:
A basic knowledge of forecasting, planning, production control, purchasing, and inventory concepts.
Some practical experience in how to use the Master planning module.
Attended the Intercompany Setup and Order Processing in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 course.