Delivery: Blended learning
OR On-site (Private delivery)
Minimum number of delegates: 1:1
Maximum class size: 20
Delivery date: (as requested by customer)
Offers: contact for details however 20% consecutive discount on all group bookings.
Next availability: Immediate
Applicable for: Application Developer, Data Analyst, Programmer
Offers: contact for details
This 3 day Instructor-led workshop provides discussion and practical hands-on training of key DevOps strategies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, DevOps Testing, and Application Monitoring and Feedback Loops. This workshop is a subset of the existing online MOOC content is intended to be used with the DevOps MOOC courses and provides students with an in-classroom experience with direct instructor feedback to better prepare students to pass the MPP.
You will be required to have an active Azure subscription, an active Visual Studio Team Services account, and a Github account. You will be provided an Azure Pass to create your Azure subscription, if you do not have an existing Azure subscription to use. If you do not have an active Visual Studio Team Services account, you can set up a free one online. The labs are intended to be used with your own accounts so that after the class you will still be able to access your work for a period of time.
This three-day workshop is for IT professionals who are responsible for deploying and maintaining code in an efficient dependable manner through adoption of Devops practices across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. Typically, this course’s audience has some introductory experience with DevOps practices, and are looking to increase their knowledge level through a predominately hands-on experience with DevOps labs. This workshop is also beneficial for those interested in taking the Microsoft Professional Program for DevOps Capstone.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will have a working understanding of key DevOps strategies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, DevOps Testing, and Application Monitoring and Feedback Loops.
You will work your way through the labs to become familiar with:
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with VSTS using PartsUnlimited sample application
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with Visual Studio team Services (VSTS) using the PartsUnlimitedMRP sample application
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with Jenkins using the PartsUnlimitedMRP sample application
- Testing with VSTS and Eclipse
- Creating and Running Unit Tests for Managed Code
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Auto-Scale and Load Tests
- Create a Coded UI Test
- Adding Application Insights Telemetry to a Website
- Managing User Telemetry
- Setting up Health and Performance Monitoring
- Customizing Reports and Adding Custom Telemetry Data
- Configuring Operations Management Suite to visualize Application Insights data