Details for Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (10979C course)
About this Course
This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all individuals who will be evaluating Microsoft Azure, regardless of whether they are an administrator, developer, or database administrator. This course also provides the pre-requisite knowledge for students wishing to attend course 20532C Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, or course 20533C Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
During this course, students will be introduced to the principles of cloud computing and will become familiar with how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. In addition, this course will take students through the process of implementing the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage. With this foundation, students will learn how to create the most common Azure services, including Azure virtual machines (VMs), Web Apps, and SQL Databases. The course will conclude by describing features of Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and methods of integrating it with on-premises Active Directory.
This course is intended for individuals who want to evaluate deploying, configuring, and administering services and VMs using Azure, including:
- Developers who want to evaluate creating Azure solutions.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate the migration of on-premises Active Directory services and roles to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
- Database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host SQL databases.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Describe and create Azure Web Apps.
- Create and configure VMs in Microsoft Azure.
- Create an Azure virtual network.
- Describe Azure storage.
- Describe and deploy databases in Azure.
- Describe Azure AD.
Details for Microsoft Labs Online for this course: Upgrading Your Skills to Windows Server 2016 MCSA
Microsoft Labs Online is a secure, cost-effective, compliant, and convenient way to deliver Microsoft Official Courseware hands-on labs to your customers. This internet-based lab hosting service provides online access to the labs for this MOC On-Demand Course via a browser.
Microsoft Labs Online is integrated within the MOC On-Demand Course and there are step-by-step instructions provided on how to access and perform the labs. The student will have 24x7 access to the labs for the duration of course access.
Minimum requirements for Microsoft Labs Online include:System Requirements:
- Windows XP SP3 or later
Note: The Chrome browser must be used with Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- 32-bit Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0 or later
- TCP Port 80 open with inbound/outbound access to the Internet
- 256 KBps per user network bandwidth
- Ideal screen resolutions above 1280 x 1024
In addition, the labs may be accessed from other browsers and operating systems, including: