Details for Identity with Windows Server 2016 (20742B course)
About this Course
This course teaches IT Pros how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory–related issues with Windows Server 2016. Additionally, this course teaches how to deploy other Active Directory server roles such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
This course is primarily intended for existing IT professionals who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are looking to consolidate their knowledge about AD DS and related technologies, in addition to IT professionals who want to prepare for the 70-742 exam.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication.
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
Details for Microsoft Labs Online for this course: Identity with Windows Server 2016
Microsoft Labs Online is a secure, cost-effective, compliant, and convenient way to deliver Microsoft Official Courseware hands-on labs to your customers. This internet-based lab hosting service provides online access to the labs for this MOC On-Demand Course via a browser.
Microsoft Labs Online is integrated within the MOC On-Demand Course and there are step-by-step instructions provided on how to access and perform the labs. The student will have 24x7 access to the labs for the duration of course access.
Minimum requirements for Microsoft Labs Online include:System Requirements:Browser:
- current version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome™ or Firefox®
- broadband Internet connection (recommended: network bandwidth of over 4Mbps)