This two-day instructor-led course, Procurement and Sourcing in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012, provides students with the necessary tools and resources to perform basic tasks in the procurement flow in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Please select your required training start date:
Please select your desired location
Delivery: Blended learning
OR On-site (Private delivery)
Minimum number of delegates: 1:1
Maximum class size: 20
Delivery date: (as requested by customer)
Offers: contact for details however 20% consecutive discount on all group bookings.
Next availability: Immediate
Applicable for: Application Developer, Data Analyst, Programmer
Offers: contact for details
This two-day instructor-led course, Procurement and Sourcing in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012, provides students with the necessary tools and resources to perform basic tasks in the procurement flow in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. The intended audience includes customers that want to learn the basic features and develop a working knowledge of the typical daily procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 procurement and sourcing functionality.
At Course Completion
- Review the main concepts of Procurement and sourcing in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Create and manage products.
- Describe the setup that is required and optional before creating vendors.
- Create a new vendor.
- Review various types of catalogs, including their usages.
- Set up category hierarchies and work with procurement categories.
- Work with procurement, vendor, and external catalogs.
- Manage the request for quotation process.
- Create, complete, and follow-up on purchase requisitions.
- Set up purchasing parameters.
- Create and process purchase orders.
- Describe the change management process, and set up the system for change management.
- Create and process vendor returns.
- Create and process purchase agreements.
- Use the features of the Vendor Self-service Portal.
- Manage transactions on the Procurement Order site.
- Order products using the Employee Services site.
- Define purchasing policy parameters.
- Create and configure purchasing policies.
- Describe the workflows available for procurement and sourcing.
Students looking to take this course (80308) must already have the following technical knowledge:
- General knowledge of Microsoft® Windows®.
- Completed the Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics®AX 2012 course.
- The ability to use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for basic processing.
- Basic knowledge of procurement, trade and logistics, and inventory management concepts.