This course provides insight and guidance to procurement and sourcing features along with Accounts Payable features in Microsoft Dynamics AX that are often used by public sector organizations as they request, order and pay for products and services.
Please select your required training start date:
Please select your desired location
NB: Microsoft have retired this course in June 2017. The exam is shortly going to be retired. However we are still offering this course as a large number of our customers still need access to this.
Please contact our team at Sales@mbittrainingltd.com to discuss an alternative pathway.
This course provides insight and guidance to procurement and sourcing features along with Accounts Payable features in Microsoft Dynamics AX that are often used by public sector organizations as they request, order and pay for products and services. It also provides information on workflow and the Vendor Portal and Procurement Order Site.
his course is intended primarily for partners that sell and implement public sector solutions to customers. It can also be helpful to customers that are already familiar with AX Public Sector financial topics and need to learn about procurement functionality.
At Course Completion
- Understand basic procurement processes for public sector entities
- Review and set up budget controls for procurement transactions
- Create purchasing policies for employees
- Define policy rules to customize the purchasing process
- Understand basic workflow concepts
- Set up procurement vendors and complete other related vendor setups
- Create a procurement category and add attributes to the category
- Create, publish, and update a catalog
- Create a request for quotation (RFQ)
- Create a purchase order from an RFQ
- Create a RFQ from a purchasing requisition
- Create a purchase requisition and complete the purchase requisition by approving the document and creating a purchase order
- Use demand consolidation
- Create a purchase order, add purchase lines to it, and process a purchase order
- Create a purchase agreement and identify the four types of commitments that comprise an agreement
- Use a purchase agreement on a purchase order
- Identify the available signing limits that can be applied to employees
- Enter vendor invoices against purchase orders, purchase agreements, and projects
- Create, send and view notifications on the Vendor Portal
- View and create purchase requisitions on the Procurement Order Site
- Order goods and services using the Procurement Order Site
- Complete year-end activities for procurement
Students looking to take this course (80415) must already have the following technical knowledge:
- Completed Course 80219A, Financials I in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, or have equivalent knowledge of the financial tasks covered in this course.
- Completed Course 80220A, Financials II in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, or have equivalent knowledge of the financial tasks covered in this course.
- Completed Course 80338A, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector - Financials or have equivalent knowledge of the content covered in this course.