Delivery: Blended learning
OR On-site (Private delivery)
Minimum number of delegates: 1:1
Maximum class size: 20
Delivery date: (as requested by customer)
Offers: contact for details however 20% consecutive discount on all group bookings.
Next availability: Immediate
Applicable for: Application Developer, Data Analyst, Programmer
Offers: contact for details
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with an overview of Service management features and functionality in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012.This course covers the major functions and describes how service management is integrated with the Project management and accounting module. The participants for this course should have basic knowledge of the earlier versions of Microsoft Dynamics AX.
This course is intended for partners, customers, and Microsoft team members with moderate to extensive knowledge of Project management and accounting functionality in Service management.
At Course Completion
- Describe the functionality of service management and its potential for optimizing a business.
- Provide an overview about the Service management course.
- Build a Service agreements form.
- Set up the elements required to create a service agreement header.
- Create a service agreement header and lines.
- Create a service agreement and service object relation/service task relation.
- Copy service agreement lines into a service agreement.
- Create service template groups.
- Create a service template and copy template lines into a service agreement.
- Create service agreements from a sales order.
- Describe how and when service is provided to the customer.
- Link service order to a project and register transactions as revenue and cost for service that is performed.
- Build a Service orders form.
- Define the different elements that support the creation and processing of service orders.
- Set up service parameters as per the business needs.
- Set up service stages and reason codes.
- Set up service order activity.
- Create sales and marketing activities when you create service orders.
- Create a service order manually and automatically.
- Create a service order from a sales order.
- Process, post, and create a service order invoice.
- Optimize the flow of information and create transactions with regard to service orders.
- Set up service level agreements.
- Set up time recording on service level agreements and service orders.
- View the information about service level agreement and service order.
- Sort and filter service agreements in the service agreements group.
- Set up the different components of service dispatcher including default preferred technician, activity types, dispatch teams, and resources.
- Use the Dispatch board.
- Perform typical activity actions.
- Change values on the Dispatch board and manage undisputed activities.
- Explain the Dispatch board functionality and describes how it helps to optimize service order management.
- Set up component elements of the repair functionality with regard to customer and technician diagnosis and resolution.
- Set up symptom areas, symptom codes and conditions
- Set up diagnosis areas, diagnosis codes, and resolutions.
- Set up repair stages.
- Create and process a repair line.
- Register resource consumption for repairs.
- Create and modify a template BOM and attach it to a service object relation.
- Create a Service BOM.
- Create service order lines from a BOM.
- Setup the service BOM to register changes to the service object over time caused by service actions.
- Create and set up the elements of service subscription functionality.
- Create a subscription and service subscription transactions.
- Create a service subscription fee transaction.
- Create invoices and credit transactions.
- Accrue revenue from a subscription fee transaction.
- Create service orders by using Enterprise Portal.
- Edit the service orders in Enterprise Portal.
- View and create repair lines in Enterprise Portal.
- Manage web service orders.
Students looking to take this course (80414) must already have the following technical knowledge:
- Before attending this course, students must have working experience of Project Essentials in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 and knowledge of Project Advanced in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012courses.