This course is available at the following locations:
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with an overview of Travel and Expense management features and functionality in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012.This course covers the major functions and describes how Travel and Expense is integrated with the Enterprise Portal. The participants for this course should have basic knowledge of the earlier versions of Microsoft Dynamics AX. This course is intended for partners, customers, and Microsoft team members who implement the Travel and Expense Module, who submit or approve Expense Reports, or work with other Travel and Expense module functionality.
At Course Completion
- Describe the purpose and benefits of using the Travel and Expense Management module in Microsoft Dynamics AX® 2012.
- Describe the workflow for creating and approving expense reports.
- Set up basic data required to use the Expense Management module.
- Define offset accounts for payment methods.
- Define the types of payment methods.
- Reimburse employees through the Accounts Payable module.
- Import credit card transactions to an expense report.
- Create an expense report.
- Select expense categories for expense line items.
- Itemize expenses.
- Distribute expenses.
- Mark expenses as personal
- Add guests to expense reports.
- Attach receipts to an expense report.
- Submit expense reports
- Post expense reports.
- Create a travel requisition.
- Define workflow terminology.
- Define workflow participants.
- Create workflows by using workflow types.
- Create a travel and expense policy.
- Enter and submit an expense report by using an expense policy.
- Create an audit policy.
- Create an expense to be charged to a project.
- Set up base data required for per diem calculations.
- Set up time and expense parameters for per diems.
- Enter per diem transactions in an expense report.
- Set up cash advance parameters.
- Request and approve a cash advance.
- Apply cash advances to expenses incurred.Return a cash advance.
Students looking to take this course (80429) must already have the following technical knowledge:
- Attended Finance 1 in Microsoft Dynamics ® AX 2012
- Knowledge of Workflow in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- A working knowledge of Policies in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012