Delivery: Blended learning
OR On-site (Private delivery)
Minimum number of delegates: 1:1
Maximum class size: 20
Delivery date: (as requested by customer)
Offers: contact for details however 20% consecutive discount on all group bookings.
Next availability: Immediate
Applicable for: Application Developer, Data Analyst, Programmer
Offers: contact for details
Delivery type: Classroom (refer to available meeting rooms in the Locations page) / On-site
Course type: Private
Course Content used: Microsoft Official Courseware handbook and labs.
At Course Completion:
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Configure and Troubleshoot a Domain Name System – here you will configure the DNS Server role, set up DNS Zones, transfer zones between DNS servers, troubleshoot common DNS problems and then complete a lab affirming this knowledge with a practial exercise on a corporate donmain.
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services – you will consider how Active Directory works, consider how we can make use of Virtualized Domain Controllers, implement Read-Only Domain Controllers for branch offices and look at the reasons why they are used, manage the Active Directory database both physically and logically. The lab will then test this with experience of configuring ADDS on a corporate domain.
- Manage User and Service Accounts – you will configure Password Policy and User Account Lockout Settings and discuss further ways to harden your network security. We look at how to use Managed Service Accounts and then test this with a lab covering how to apply these elements on a corporate domain.
- Implement Group Policy Infrastructure – we consider the logical and physical layout of Group Policy, especially the order policies are applied. We look at how to administer GPOs and to delegate administration to other staff. We look at problems from incorrect policy ordering, also look at the differences between user and computer policy settings. These are affirmed in a lab applied to a corporate domain.
- Manage User Desktops using Group Policy – we look at how the process can be simplified by using templates. We then set up folder redirection and other useful scripts. We consider the use of a preference rather than a script. We look at how Group Policy can be used to block, and also to install softare across the network. The lab then provides experience of how to implement these on a corporate domain.
- Install, Configure and Troubleshoot Network Policy Server – we look at the security implications of staff logging onto the domain from ourside of the building. We consider the health implications for the network if an unhealthy laptop was introduced onto the domain. With this we configure a Network Policy Server which is able to apply Health Validation rules. We use RADIUS to configure a VPN connection for the connecting external laptops to use. This is then affirmed through a lab in which the principles are applied on the corporate domain.
- Implement Network Access Protection – in this module we look at how to configure, enforce, secure, monitor and troubleshoot NAP, then affimed through a lab applied on a corporate domain.
- Implement Remote Access
- Optimize File Services
- Configure Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Deploy and Maintain Server Images
- Implement Update Managements
- Monitor Windows Server 2012