Delivery: Blended learning
OR On-site (Private delivery)
Minimum number of delegates: 1:1
Maximum class size: 20
Delivery date: (as requested by customer)
Offers: contact for details however 20% consecutive discount on all group bookings.
Next availability: Immediate
Applicable for: Application Developer, Data Analyst, Programmer
Offers: contact for details
This two-day course introduces the student to the uses of the Enterprise Portal in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. This course begins with an overview of installing the Enterprise Portal. The student will then learn about the development environment of Enterprise Portal and will be able to build and customize the appearance of a functional web site using new and existing Enterprise Portal application objects. Students will also learn about Microsoft Dynamics AX User Control elements available in Visual Studio as well as how elements in the Application Object Tree (AOT) can be deployed across environments.
At Course Completion:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Review the concepts and uses of the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain the major components of the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain the architecture of the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain the Enterprise Portal prerequisites.
- Install the Enterprise Portal.
- Configure Microsoft Dynamics AX data and metadata to be searchable through Enterprise Search.
- Install the development tools for the Enterprise Portal.
- Review navigation elements in the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain the different types of pages and their composition.
- Explain security and permissions for the Enterprise Portal.
- Create and apply new SharePoint themes.
- Edit and create SharePoint pages.
- Explain the different Enterprise Portal web parts.
- Describe the composition of a List Page.
- Create a List Page with a Preview Pane and a FactBox, and publish it to the Enterprise Portal.
- Describe the composition of a Detail Page.
- Model a Data Set, create a User Control and add a Detail Page to the Enterprise Portal in SharePoint.
- Link a Detail Page to the Action Pane and list links on a List Page.
- Explain the different debugging techniques that are used with the Enterprise Portal.
- Configure Internet Information Services (IIS) and the Microsoft Dynamics AX Business Connector for debugging X++ in the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain how to debug X++ code running in the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain how to debug User Controls running in the ASP.NET Development Server Environment in Visual Studio 2010.
- Configure the Enterprise Portal to allow debugging.
- Explain how to debug User Controls running in the Enterprise Portal.
- Describe common Data Set methods and their uses.
- Describe the Args class and how it can be used to pass parameters to a Data Set.
- Describe the different Microsoft Dynamics AX ASP.NET controls available to a User Control.
- Describe additional less commonly used controls that can be added to a User Control.
- Explain record context in the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain eventing and describe common events used by developers in the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain how to use labels on the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain what metadata is and how to retrieve it from the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain page redirection from code and modal dialog behavior.
- Explain proxies for Microsoft Dynamics AX objects and how to create them.
- Describe the Enterprise Portal elements in the Application Object Tree (AOT) and their relationship to the Enterprise Portal website.
- Explain the Model Store and deployment of customizations across environments.
- Describe how to deploy the Enterprise Portal.
(cited from Microsoft Learning website)