Delivery: Blended learning
OR On-site (Private delivery)
Minimum number of delegates: 1:1
Maximum class size: 20
Delivery date: (as requested by customer)
Offers: contact for details however 20% consecutive discount on all group bookings.
Next availability: Immediate
Applicable for: Application Developer, Data Analyst, Programmer
Offers: contact for details
This five-day, instructor-led course provides you with the knowledge and skills to implement and manage desktop virtualization solutions. This course provides an overview of virtualization and the various Microsoft products that you can use to implement and deploy a virtualization solution. The course explains how to configure and manage a MED-V deployment. Then, it describes the procedures for deploying an App-V solution by implementing App-V servers and clients and by sequencing applications. The course then covers the configuration of Remote Desktop Services and RemoteApp programs. Finally, the course describes the concept of user state virtualization and procedures for configuring the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
Upon completion of course 10342 also passing associated exam 70-669 you will obtain the title MCTS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Desktop Virtualization.
- Plan desktop virtualization scenarios.
- Implement and configure Windows Virtual PC and the Windows XP mode.
- ImplementMicrosoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization.
- Configure and deploy MED-V images.
- Manage a MED-V deployment.
- Implement App-V servers.
- Plan and deploy Application Virtualization clients.
- Administer the App-V infrastructure by using the App-V Management Console.
- Sequence applications for deployment by using the App-V infrastructure or a standalone installation.
- Configure and use Remote Desktop Services and RemoteApp programs.
- Implement user state virtualization.
- Configure and use Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- Compare and review the various desktop virtualization technologies.
(Cited from the Microsoft Learning website)