Delivery: Blended learning
OR On-site (Private delivery)
Minimum number of delegates: 1:1
Maximum class size: 20
Delivery date: (as requested by customer)
Offers: contact for details however 20% consecutive discount on all group bookings.
Next availability: Immediate
Applicable for: Application Developer, Data Analyst, Programmer
Offers: contact for details
You will learn the skills you need to administer Windows 8.1 in a Windows Server domain environment and also provide secure, managed access to users from their non-domain joined Windows devices. You will learn how to install and customize Windows 8.1 operating systems and apps, integrate and control access to domains and cloud services, and migrate and synchronize settings across multiple devices. In addition, you will learn how to implement mobile security and customize configurations using Windows management tools including Group Policy and Windows PowerShell cmdlets. You will also learn how to configure user settings and profiles, local and remote network connectivity, Client Hyper-V, virtual apps, and Internet Explorer 11. Finally, you will learn how to optimize security and provide controlled access from Windows 8.1 PCs and devices to specified resources through Workplace Join services and Work Folders.
At Course Completion:
- Describe solutions and features related to managing Windows 8.1 in an enterprise network environment.
- Determine requirements and perform the tasks for installing and deploying Windows 8.1.
- Manage profiles and user state between Windows devices.
- Determine the most appropriate management tools to configure Windows 8.1 settings.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers in a Windows 8.1 system.
- Configure network connectivity.
- Configure resource connectivity for both domain-joined and non-domain joined PCs and devices.
- Implement Windows 8.1 technologies to secure network connections.
- Configure file, folder, and printer access.
- Implement tools and technologies that can help secure Windows 8.1 PCs and devices.
- Configure and control desktop apps, Windows Store apps, and virtual apps.
- Optimize and maintain Windows 8.1 PCs and devices.
- Configure mobile computer settings and to enable remote access.
- Determine how to recover Windows 8.1 from various failures.
- Describe and configure Client Hyper-V.