Delivery: Blended learning
OR On-site (Private delivery)
Minimum number of delegates: 1:1
Maximum class size: 20
Delivery date: (as requested by customer)
Offers: contact for details however 20% consecutive discount on all group bookings.
Next availability: Immediate
Applicable for: Application Developer, Data Analyst, Programmer
Offers: contact for details
PREREQUISITE: MCSA WINDOWS 7 SOLUTIONS ASSOCIATE
You will learn the new skills you need to support Windows 8.1 in a Windows Server domain environment with managed access to the Internet and cloud services. You will learn how to install and customize Windows 8.1 operating systems and apps, as well as how to migrate user state and settings. The labs in the course incorporate Windows PowerShell and Group Policy and other Windows management tools. With the increasing BYOD trend, learn to control access for non-domain joined Windows devices through Workplace Join services and Work Folders. Additionally, you will learn how to resolve common support issues related to Windows 8.1, including troubleshooting Internet Explorer, recovering BitLocker encrypted drives, and optimizing performance. Finally, you will learn about implementing Client Hyper-V in Windows 8.1. As part of the learning experience, you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment.
At Course Completion:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the solutions and features related to managing Windows 8.1 in an enterprise network environment.
- Install Windows 8.1 and upgrade previous versions of Windows to Windows 8.1.
- Configure and manage Windows 8.1 by using Windows PowerShell, Group Policy, and Windows Intune.
- Implement an application strategy for Windows 8.1.
- Manage non-domain member devices and provide resource access for these devices.
- Secure Windows 8.1 devices by using appropriate tools and technologies.
- Configure remote access for computers running Windows 8.1.
- Monitor and recover Windows 8.1.
- Implement Client Hyper-V in Windows 8.1.